Listen Live
HomeNewsTorch ignited minor fire at Gravenhurst mobile home

Torch ignited minor fire at Gravenhurst mobile home

- Advertisement -

A structure fire that broke out in a Gravenhurst mobile home park off Highway 11 is being blamed on a torch someone was using to thaw frozen pipes. Some insulation was set on fire, but the blaze didnt progress far and no damage was done to the home’s interior. Gravenhurst Fire Prevention Officer Rob King says it was a close call and could have been much worse. To keep pipes thawed, keep a faucet open and as you treat the frozen pipe area and the frozen area starts melting, water will begin to flow through the frozen area. Apply heat to the section of pipe using an electric heating pad wrapped around the pipe, an electric hair dryer, a portable space heater or by wrapping pipes with towels soaked in hot water. Never use a blowtorch, kerosene or propane heater, charcoal stove or other open flame devices. Apply heat until the water pressure is restored. If you cant find the frozen area, call a plumber.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading