Listen Live
HomeNewsFormer Rosseau Lake College student awarded UWO President’s Scholarship

Former Rosseau Lake College student awarded UWO President’s Scholarship

The area is celebrating a former Rosseau Lake College student as she receives a prestigious scholarship to the University of Western Ontario. 

Ouelhore Diallo is being congratulated for getting the International President’s Entrance Scholarship, one of only three of its kind given each year.

Graham Vogt, Assistant Head of School, Academics at the local co-ed boarding and day school calls Ouelhore an extraordinary student and person who contributed in a positive and lasting way to all parts of the community. Vogt says he also means that academically, adding that her level of contribution in the classroom effectively enhanced the level of contribution of her classmates.

“So while she was very ambitious and always maintained lofty goals for herself, the larger picture there is that she was driven to learn, to grow, and to be better and that’s a pretty special quality at that age,” he says

- Advertisement -

Vogt says she is a tireless worker but her pursuit of learning is authentic, and she truly wanted to learn and grow often for the sake of learning. According to the university, the $50,000 scholarship is awarded on the basis of outstanding academic performance to candidates who demonstrate the ability for creative and innovative thought and a passion for the pursuit of learning. 

Rosseau Lake College is a co-ed boarding and day school for students from grades 7 to 12, located on Lake Rosseau.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading