Listen Live
HomeNewsCanadore College plans to bring back 900 students

Canadore College plans to bring back 900 students

PARRY SOUND, ON-Canadore College is planning on bringing back 900 students to the Parry Sound and North Bay campuses. 

Canadore President George Burton told MyParrySoundNow that the reason they are planning on having students return is to have them complete their courses as quickly and safely as possible. 

“Many of our programs are applied programs and have laboratory components.” 

Courses ranging from aviation to health care require students to undertake a practical learning experience and as Burton said, there is only so much a virtual environment can do. 

- Advertisement -

He went on to say that the aim is to have students complete their program in four weeks or less. 

The plan is to have students arrive on campus by June and will be done no later than August. 

When asked about how they will ensure the safety of the students and faculty, Burton said that the details are still in the works, but it is one of their primary focuses and will try to ensure physical distancing. 

Burton said that in terms of opening various facilities on campus, it would all depend on the needs of the courses and students.     

He added that the reason why they will be putting this plan into action so soon is that most of the returning students will be graduating. 

“Our concern is to have students finish as soon as possible, provided they can do it safely,” he said. “If they were just returning, we would simply push this into their next semester and having the option of extending the school year.”

As the plan is still in the works, more information will become available in the coming weeks.    

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading