Listen Live
HomeNewsNNDSB promotes from within when replacing the Director of Education

NNDSB promotes from within when replacing the Director of Education

PARRY SOUND, ON – The Near North District School Board will have a new Director of Education next year.

Craig Myles will officially take over the position on January 6th. Myles served six years as the Superintendent of Student Success within the organization.

“The board is pleased to have chosen an internal candidate for our Director,” Board Chair Jay Aspin said. “We are confident that his skills and extensive experience with the board will be a key component in moving the Near North forward to embrace the challenges ahead. Craig’s strong background in secondary programming, familiarity with local educational opportunities and emphasis on board governance will allow him to hit the ground running.”

Myles has more than 15 years of experience as an education leader in school effectiveness, special education, safe schools and student success just to name a few sectors.

- Advertisement -

The board said he uses development and responsive teaching to improve student achievement. The board has seen the graduation rate increase over 5 percent and a 12 percent rise in credit accumulation among high school students under Myles’ leadership.

“This is an exciting opportunity for me to focus my years of experience in collaborating with trustees, administrators, teachers, support staff and parents to improve student learning and student success at the NNDSB,” Myles said. “We are fortunate to have such innovative, caring and qualified educators and leaders in our schools and I look forward to my continued work with them to deliver equitable and inclusive high-quality education to all our students.”

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading