Environment Canada has issued a tornado watch for the Parry Sound and Muskoka Regions.
The watch was posted at 1:50 pm is in effect for:
- Bracebridge – Gravenhurst
- Huntsville – Baysville
- Port Carling – Port Severn
- Town of Parry Sound – Rosseau – Killbear Park
Severe thunderstorms are expected throughout the region, and there is a chance for tornadoes.
The severe weather is expected to last through the afternoon and into the evening. Damaging winds, torrential rain and hail is also likely.
In the event of a tornado Environment Canada says to take the following actions:
- Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor away from walls and windows.
- Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers, and other free standing shelter and move to a strong building if possible
- As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris.