Last night’s severe weather has led to power outages that are still affecting several thousand residents in the region.
The thunderstorm and hail led to falling tree branches and dangerous driving conditions.
According to Hydro one, some customers will not have power until Sunday morning at the earliest.
Here is a list of affected areas and their estimated time of restoration.
- Hydro One is reporting over 2,300 customers between McDougall and Parry Island are without power, because of a tree on the line. ETR is 10:00 pm
- Hydro One is reporting 1,000 customers without power between Rosseau Road and Otter Lake. Hydro One is assessing damage, no set ETR
- Hydro One is reporting 1,700 customers without power from Lake Rosseau to Orrville. Cause of the outage is a tree on the line. ETR is noon on Sunday
- Hydro One is reporting around 300 customers without power near Horseshoe Lake
- Hydro One is reporting 1,500 customers without power between Lake Rosseau and Utterson. Service is partially restored. ETR for the area is 6 pm
- Hydro One is reporting 2,600 customers without power in an area consisting of Healey Lake, the Wahta Mohawk Territory, Bracebridge and Lake Joseph. Hydro one is assessing the damage, and there is no ETR as of yet
- Around 200 customers are without power in Pointe Au Baril. ETR is 4 pm
For the most up to date information on outages in your area check Hydro One’s Storm Center Map.