Listen Live
HomeNewsCAS responds to CUPE accusations

CAS responds to CUPE accusations

- Advertisement -

The Children’s Aid Society hit back at claims from CUPE that they were keeping the community in the dark.

Earlier this week CUPE members representing locked out CAS workers expressed their disappointment in a cancelled board of directors meeting.

CAS workers have been locked out of work since December 23. The board of directors meeting was postponed due to the ongoing labour dispute.

In a letter to several news outlets, the CAS stated that the meeting wasn’t outright canceled as CUPE said, and that keeping the community in the dark was the furthest thing from the truth.

- Advertisement -

CUPE Local 2049 President Debbie Hill said that the cancellation of a publicly accessible meeting is proof that CAS is keeping people in the dark.

There are no upcoming meets for talks scheduled between the two sides.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading