A Seguin man faces numerous charges after driving away from police on a UTV. Just after 1:00am Saturday morning, West Parry Sound OPP saw a UTV weaving from side to side on Clear Lake Road in Seguin Township. When police turned on their emergency lights, the driver pulled into a private driveway and stopped, but when the officer approached the UTV, it sped away and crashed into a tree. It was found that the 49-year-old had been drinking and he was arrested and charged with the following eight offences:
- Driving While Ability Impaired – motor vehicle contrary to the Criminal Code (CC).
- Driving with more than the 80 mgs. of Alcohol in Blood contrary to the CC.
- Flight while pursued by police contrary to the CC.
- Off road vehicle – Driver – no helmet contrary to the Highway Traffic Act (HTA).
- Off road vehicle – not properly insured contrary to the HTA.
- Drivers fail to have insurance contrary to the HTA.
- Off road vehicle – no number plate showing permit contrary to the HTA.
- Having liquor in open container in a place other than licenced premises contrary to the Liquor Licence Act (LLA).
His licence was suspended for 90 days, his vehicle impounded for a week, and he’ll face his charges in a Parry Sound court later this month.