The Town of Parry Sound’s Civic Scholarship is now open for applications.
The scholarship is available to any college or university student with a home address in the Town of Parry Sound who completed a full course-load first year and is entering their second year in 2022.
The program offers one $500 scholarship to a student selected from eligible applicants who meets the following criteria:
- Must have a home address in the Town of Parry Sound.
- Is a student of a Canadian university or college or similarly recognized post-secondary institution, completed a full course load in their first year and is entering their second year.
- Is a student who has demonstrated the following:
- Leadership on school bodies, business ventures, musical groups, cultural organizations, community groups, sports teams, political or religious organizations, charitable bodies, farm organizations, etc.
- A commitment to volunteer service and helping others.
- A clear vision for the future, i.e. how the student intends to make a difference in their community and the world.
- the potential for their studies to lead to a municipal government career.
- Submission of the completed application web form and all necessary documents at: https://forms.parrysound.ca/Human-Resources/Civic-Scholarship.
To apply just complete the web application with all documents uploaded, if possible using .docx or .pdf, no later than Monday, July 25th at noon.