Listen Live
HomeNewsCivic Scholarship open for students with Parry Sound address

Civic Scholarship open for students with Parry Sound address

The Town of Parry Sound’s Civic Scholarship is now open for applications.

The scholarship is available to any college or university student with a home address in the Town of Parry Sound who completed a full course-load first year and is entering their second year in 2022.

The program offers one $500 scholarship to a student selected from eligible applicants who meets the following criteria:

1. Must have a home address in the Town of Parry Sound.
  2. Is a student of a Canadian university or college or similarly recognized post-secondary institution, completed a full course load in their first year and is entering their second year.
  3. Is a student who has demonstrated the following:
    1. Leadership on school bodies, business ventures, musical groups, cultural organizations, community groups, sports teams, political or religious organizations, charitable bodies, farm organizations, etc.
    2. A commitment to volunteer service and helping others.
    3. A clear vision for the future, i.e. how the student intends to make a difference in their community and the world.
    4. the potential for their studies to lead to a municipal government career.
  4. Submission of the completed application web form and all necessary documents at: https://forms.parrysound.ca/Human-Resources/Civic-Scholarship.

To apply just complete the web application with all documents uploaded, if possible using .docx or .pdf, no later than Monday, July 25th at noon.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading