Wasauksing First Nation Covid-19 Measures
Wasauksing First Nation has put out a press release detailing measures that are being put into place to combat Covid-19 and ensure the health, safety and well-being of employees, community and the general public.
They are encouraging everyone to take precautions by learning about COVID-19 and what you can do to protect yourself and your family. Information has and will continue to be shared on WFN’s website and social media site. With the announcement of the Global Pandemic the following measures are being put in place to protect the health and well-being of the community of WFN:
- The Child Care Centre is closed and will remain closed until April 6, 2020;
- The WFN School will be closed until April 6, 2020;
- All WFN meetings, gatherings and programming are cancelled;
- WFN will focus on providing essential services only;
- Non-essential staff are no longer available;
- No bookings will be available at any WFN buildings;
- All WFN buildings will be closed to the public, with the exception of the WFN Nursing Station;
- Screening is occurring at the front doors of the WFN Nursing Station.
Essential Service Information:
- The WFN Nursing Station will remain open during the hours of 8:30am to 3pm to allow for follow-up to our most vulnerable population and to make deliveries and pick-up of necessary medications and food;
- Walk-in care at the Nursing Station is no longer available;
- Medical/Nursing Care is being provided via telehealth/telephone. Please call ahead (705) 746-8022;
- Any appointments-will require that the individual completes a screening prior to processing of any health supports;
- Prior to any appointments, individuals will be required to complete screening before entering the building and receiving care;
- Call the nursing station should you have any health concerns or COVID-19 questions at (705) 746-8022;
- For on-reserve members and residents only: Transfer Station hours remain the same;
- Public Works – operations to continue with no public access to buildings.
Please keeping informed and ensure you contact your nearest health care professional regarding the development of symptoms