With the large amounts of snow hitting Parry Sound recently, comes potential fire hazards. Fire officials are sending out some safety reminders to keep your home safe when the worst of the weather hits. If you heat with natural gas or propane, make sure the regulator isn’t covered in ice. If you’re using modern gas and propane appliances, make sure the exhaust vent outside is clear of snow to keep your house safe from Carbon Monoxide. Finally, all chimneys should have snow and ice cleared away from it.